Remeasuring the Entire Planet as a Community in a Single Day
📣WHAT IS IT?
On the day of the solstice June 20, 2017, geospatial professionals around the world and members of Land Surveyors United (a global support network for land surveyors) will be simultaneously recording survey grade GNSS/GPS data from thousands of points around the globe, in order to promote awareness of and a better public understanding of the surveying profession. Measurements made on this day will serve as comparative data from prior events and to expand upon the database of logged points.
- -Commemorate 5th Annual International Surveyors Week 2017 [June 18th-25]
- Demonstrate to the public the high precision measurements which only a trained professional can produce.
- -Gather and submit GNSS data worldwide as a global community of surveying professionals, for the 6th time.
- -Continue to refine the models of the surface of the Earth. (must -meet specific requirements Marks/GPS Data/Equipment)
- -Promote a demystifed system of understanding the means of measurement using satellite positioning systems.
7204 N 11th St
Tampa, FL 33604
Google map and directions